Ball Screw Jack
Standard model capacities from 1/4 ton to 100 tons. Metric capacities from 5 kN to 200 kN.
ActionJac™ Worm Gear Ball Screw Jacks use a ball screw and nut made from hardened alloy steel with hardened bearing balls carrying the load between nut and screw. This rolling action reduces friction between the nut and the screw permitting smooth and efficient movement of the load. Because of the greater efficiency and rolling action, the ball screw can operate at higher speeds and increased duty cycle when compared with the Machine Screw Jack.
- Improved speed, force, duty cycle, acceleration
- Longer life cycle (low friction)
- Requires less motor power
- Greater positioning accuracy
- Higher static load and lower dynamic load
Durability & Performance
- No "standard" travel lengths (built to specification).
- Ductile iron housings proportioned to support the rated capacity.
- Alloy steel worm drive with high strength bronze worm gear (drive sleeve).
- Anti-friction tapered roller bearings with external seals to prevent loss of lubrication.
- The drive sleeve is supported on anti-friction tapered roller or ball thrust bearings.
- Premium finishes including Epoxy, Outdoor, Marine, or per customer specification.
- Use individually or in multiple screw jack arrangements.
Inch Ball Screw Jacks
ActionJac™ Ball Screw Jacks
ActionJac™ Ball Screw Jacks have been designed to produce rated output forces with a minimum amount of input torque. Ball screw jacks use a worm gear set arrangement with an efficient ball screw and nut that reduces the amount of input torque to approximately one third the torque required for the Machine Screw Jack. Part Number Reference
Metric Ball Screw Jacks
ActionJac™ Ball Screw Jacks
Nook Industries has expanded the ActionJac™ offering to include metric models providing design engineers a globally accepted product. All the efficiency advantages that come with ball screw technology are available in ActionJac™ Metric Ball Screw Jacks. A full line of IEC motor mounts are also available.
Ball Screw Jack Accessories
Configure a Complete Lifting System
Nook Industries offers a wide assortment of screw jack accessories to accommodate specific applications. From motor mounts to limit switches to lubricant, Nook can easily configure a complete screw jack system. Start with a base screw jack and add accessories to configure a complete linear motion system.
|Hardware||Power||Sensing & Control|
And many more...
Specialty Coatings for Demanding Environments
- Excessive Heat and Humidity
- Extreme Cold and Ice
- Dust and Dirt
- Food Handling
In the food sector, screw jack systems are typically deployed in three common and versatile arrangements. Let's talk about a few of these in more detail....
Regardless of the type of worm gear jack you are considering (machine screw or ball screw), there are 8 factors that are critical for developing the optimal linear motion system....
A screw jack application operating condition is defined by two criteria. The first is the environment and the second is the temperature. The environment describes the area where the screw jack application is located. The temperature describes the ambient temperature in which the screw jack will be performing....