Heavy Duty Electric Cylinder
Electric Cylinders are ruggedly designed and produced in standard models with thrust capacities from 500 lbs. To 40,000 lbs. They are supplied in a Single Reduction, Double Reduction, or an In-Line Configurations. Electric Cylinders are intended for use in industrial environments and feature ground and hard chrome plated actuator tubes with industrial enamel paint on exterior surfaces. Heavy duty electric cylinders can be supplied for outdoor applications.
- Use individually or in multiple arrangements.
- Built to specification.
- For outdoor applications, contact Nook Engineering for recommended alterations.
- Ground and hard chrome plated actuator tubes.
- Exterior surfaces feature industrial enamel paint (Epoxy, polyurethane and marine grades available on request).
ELECTRIC CYLINDER - DD
Incorporate an alloy steel worm which drives a high strength bronze worm gear (drive sleeve). The worm shaft is supported on anti-friction tapered roller bearings with external seals provided to prevent loss of lubrication (sealed radial ball bearings on the Series 5 and Series 10 units).
- Single reduction intended for use in industrial environments.
- Drive sleeve is supported on anti-friction tapered roller or ball thrust
- Housing is made of ductile iron and proportioned to support the rated capacity.
- 500 lbs. to 40,000 lbs capacities
ELECTRIC CYLINDER - RAD
Same as DD with a second stage gear reduction. This secondary worm gear reduction of the RAD Electric Cylinders provides higher thrust at lower speeds.
- Reducer and motor can be mounted in eight possible positions for maximum flexibility.
- Variety of worm gear ratios resulting in a wide range of speeds and thrust capacities.
- 3,500 lbs. to 40,000 lbs. capacities
ELECTRIC CYLINDER - ILA
designed to have a motor or gear reducer directly coupled to the lift shaft for faster, more precise operation and/or higher duty cycles.
- Standard trunnion pin mounting.
- Easily adapted for use with servo motors and planetary gear
- Configurations are available with keyed actuator tubes.
- 1,000 lb to 21,000 lb. capacities
Electric Cylinder Related Products
Electric Cylinder Accessories
Nook Industries offers many electric cylinder accessories to accommodate specific applications. From motor mounts to limit switches to lubricant, Nook has the electric cylinder accessories to realize the linear motion needs of any application.
Start with a base electric cylinder and add accessories to configure a complete linear motion system. Some accessories include:
|Hardware||Power||Sensing & Control|
And many more...