Planetary Roller Screw Products
Nook Planetary Roller Screws (NRS), a member of the lead screw family, are remarkable devices designed to convert rotary motion into axial force or vice versa. They offer multiple advantages and reliability for the most demanding applications due to their:
- High efficiency rolling motion even in relatively shallow lead designs.
- Multiple contact points that carry large loads and with very high resolution (small axial movement) when using very shallow leads.
- High rotational speeds with faster acceleration without adverse effects.
Metric Roller Screws
Metric Flanged and Cylindrical Planetary Roller Screw Assembly.
The NRS design offers multiple advantages and reliability for the most demanding applications when compared with other lead screw types due to its rolling motion.
- High efficiency in relatively shallow lead designs.
- Multitude of contact points of the planetary rollers can carry large loads and provide very high resolution (small axial movement) when using very shallow leads.
- Produce high rotational speeds with faster acceleration without adverse effects.
Metric Planetary Roller Screw Assembly
Split nuts installed with two halves pushed against each other and the clearance removed for preload. A large number of contacts and great rigidity eliminate requirements for high preload to perform backlash-free under most conditions. They only carry load on a reduced length of thread (half-length minus the half-thickness of the calibrated spacer).
One-piece solid nuts do not have a calibrated spacer to remove backlash. One-piece nuts have larger load ratings since all threads of the nut can carry load.
NRS High Strength Materials
- Screw shaft is medium carbon induction hardenable alloy steel.
- Rollers and nut are high grade bearing steel.
- Rolling surfaces are heat treated to a surface hardness not less than 56 HRC with a case depth suitably chosen to carry the load. Other materials, such as stainless steel, can be provided upon request.
Reduced load ratings should be considered when designing stainless steel roller screws.