About Nook Industries
Our mission is to be an innovative and responsive organization. Nook Industries knowledge and vast experience provides us with the flexibility to design, engineer and manufacture high quality linear motion systems and solutions.
Our vision is to be a global leader in providing linear motion system solutions by leveraging our engineering and manufacturing expertise.
- In 1969, Joseph H. Nook, Jr. founded Ball Bearing Screw Supply Company with the primary goal of stocking and machining ball screws manufactured by Saginaw Steering Gear.
- End-machining capabilities were added in order to provide precision high tolerances required by ball screw applications.
- Ball Bearing Screw Supply was renamed to Nook Industries, with a focus on PowerAc™ Acme Screw Assemblies.
- Growth of Nook Industries continues with the addition of PowerTrac™ Ball Screw Assemblies and ActionJac™ Worm Gear Screw Jack product lines.
- Purchased Skidmore Gear Company for manufacturing worm gears for screw jacks.
- PowerTrax™ Linear Bearing, Shafting and Component product line was established.
- In the 1990s, Nook Industries was recognized by being awarded:
- "Quality Products and Service Award" from Scientific-Atlanta Network Systems Group.
- "Acme Spirally Wound Paper Products, Inc. Certificate of Appreciation."
- "Family Firm of Distinction" by the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University.
- The 1990's also saw the installation of the world's largest capacity precision thread roller with ability to roll up to a 14" diameter.
- Introduced an industry first 5-year guarantee on ActionJac™ Worm Gear Screw Jacks.
Nook Industries Today
- Nook Industries' website was revamped to include configurable and downloadable 2D & 3D CAD Models to help reduce an engineer's development time.
- Achieved ISO 9001:2008 Certification
- Various product lines were introduced to expand Nook’s breadth of solutions:
- NRS™ Planetary Roller Screw product line
- Precision Locknut product line
- Precision Metric Ball Screw (PMBS™) product line
The Future of Nook Industries
- Nook Industries continues to expand product and service offerings by adding customized system solutions to their capabilities.
The Nook Industries Advantage
- Complete engineering, design, analysis and manufacturing capabilities in one facility
- Most comprehensive selection of integrated linear motion components in the industry
- Veteran-owned small business
- ISO 9001-2008 Certified
- Precision Thread Rolling: Regular production ¼" – 6" diameter, ability to roll up to 14" diameter
- In-house ability to heat treat solid and hollow ball screws and linear shafting
- Only manufacturer in the industry with onsite die design, manufacturing and control
- Precision Measurement Equipment
The Pursuit of Quality
- Nook Industries aims to continually improve processes and products through technology investment and employee participation.
- Quality systems emphasize continuous improvement, defect prevention, the use of statistical methods and continuous training to increase the knowledge and skills of all employees.