Linear Shafting and Shaft Supports
Linear Shafting in Multiple Configurations
PowerTrax HG hardened and ground linear shafting is manufactured for use with precision linear bearings and other applications requiring an accurate, round hardened shaft or guide rod. All linear shafting ends can be machined by Nook to any configuration. Excellent surface finish and hardness maximize the efficiency and life of linear bearings.
Precision Hardened and Ground Shafting
- Nook HG Shafting, made from high quality alloy steel, is manufactured and stocked for immediate shipment.
- Diameters from 1/4 to 4 inches. Stainless Steel shafting is available from 1/4 thru 2 inch diameter.
- Standard diameters can be cut to length and shipped within 24 hours. Contact us for availability of special diameters.
- Available in standard shafting or pre-drilled for assembly support rail.
- Stocked with radial holes drilled and tapped to accept a continuous shaft support rail. Continuous support prevents shaft deflection when used to support heavy loads or for long travel lengths. Radial holes can be supplied in stainless steel shafts from ½" to 2" diameter.
Nook HG alloy shafting is induction hardened Rc 60-63. Stainless steel shafting is hardened to Rc 50-55. Instrument series shafting is hardened to Rc 55-60. The case depth on all Nook HG Shafting is precisely controlled for optimal performance. The extremely hard surface minimizes wear and is resistant to nicks and scratches.
Need help finding the correct product? Use our Linear Guidance Moment Load Calculator
Linear Shafting, Inch
Hardened Ground Shafting, Pre-Drilled, and Shaft Support Rail Assemblies
Shaft Support Block
Aluminum support components for end mounting to support Nook HG shafting are available for inch sizes 1/2" to 2".