This position is responsible for working cross functional in all areas of the Shipping and Receiving department.
- Responsible for executing various processes and computer transactions within Shipping & Receiving to satisfy production and our customers, including:
- Comparing identifying information - counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with the Buyer to rectify damages and shortages
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers
- Operates company owned vehicles to drop off and pick up materials.
- Conducts material counts as required
- Pulls and packs orders in the required containers for safe transit and processes in accordance with the required shipping methods
- Measure product to generate necessary dimensions to build a wood crate for shipment
- Uses a circular saw and a nail gun daily
- Operates the overhead crane to move large, heavy product and place into packaging
- Understand how to secure product in packaging to guarantee safe shipment.
- Communicates professionally in person and over the phone with internal contacts, customers, and carriers
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word and Outlook required
- Capability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize projects required
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface.
- Basic knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures within shipping and receiving preferred
- Must have the ability to schedule and prioritize daily responsibilities efficiently
- Must be a self-starter with an energetic attitude to succeed
- Must have the ability to communicate in a positive professional manner daily with internal departments and upper management related to production shipments.
Working Conditions/ Physical Demands:
Typical Production floor environment. Ability to move, pack and unpack production materials. Frequently lifting to 50 lbs. Exposure to heat generated from a packaging machine. Driving to pick up and deliver materials up to twenty-five (25) hours per week with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
Other: 8:30am – 5pm. Overtime available typically at the end of the shift. Occasional weekends required.
Internal: Daily communication with internal customers (staff) and management to discuss and share information related to production shipments.
External: Occasional interaction with customers or suppliers when dropping off or picking up materials, or via phone call to arrange a carrier.
- Ability to meet daily responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to cover all areas within Shipping and Receiving.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to serve customers.
- Must have a sense of urgency to complete required duties on time.
- Must have personal drive to ensure customer satisfaction and high personal standards.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. At the employee’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to be considered.
Nook Industries, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status,