Senior Accountant Job Description
This position reports to the Controller and will work closely with the Controller. This is a highly visible position in the company. Excel skills are critical.
The main responsibilities include:
- Complete month end closings including, but not limited to, processing transactions, journal entries, account reconciliations, and preparing financial statements.
- Contribute to ongoing enhancements and collaboration with IT and operations to continuously improve reporting capabilities.
- Report and analyze plant production, productivity, and comparison to budgets as required.
- Analyze cost data for labor and material changes.
- Assists with year-end audit and process state filing requirements as needed.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations and assist with managing/monitoring all general ledger accounts.
- Maintain Fixed Assets including depreciation schedules, proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Assist with short and long-term financial quarterly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Perform capital investment justification analysis.
- Special projects as assigned / perform backup duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing with cost accounting exposure.
- Very strong experience with Excel utilizing Pivot Tables, Sumif, If, vlookup, and other functions.
- Strong ERP experience.
- Team player with strong organization skills required.
- Self-motivated and a strong desire to achieve results.
- Proficient computer skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to be considered.
Nook Industries, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.