Position Title: Sales Engineer
Responsible Territory: Western Region of the United States
Reports To: Regional Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Remote Opportunity: Yes
The Sales Engineer is responsible for providing technical product information, generating quotes and proposals, order generation, and engineer-to-engineer selling. Nook sales engineers are responsible for maintaining / increasing sales volume with existing and new accounts. Accountable for executing assigned sales goals and plans within the designated territory.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to grow the business profitably.
- Define and penetrate new markets; strong ability and desire to develop new business; thrive on technical sales.
- Develop and maintain high impact client relationships with both OEMs and distributors
- Ensure Nook products are specified to build revenues; obtain specs and approvals at engineering firms, major accounts and/or distributors.
- Prioritize opportunities on an account-by-account basis to optimize profitable sales.
- Quote / proposal generation – specify products, provide price and delivery information.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive technical knowledge of Nook products, applications, features, advantages and benefits; keep current with electronic communication both inside and outside of the company.
- Conduct Nook product training at customers and distributors; motivate and provide sales direction to distributors. Assist in the conversion of competitive accounts to Nook
- Forecast sales on a quarterly basis.
- Address customers’ needs utilizing internal resources such as the Engineering Group, Accounting, Manufacturing, Shipping, etc.
- Maintain accounts: provide ongoing service, follow-up on quotes, close orders.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of competitive products and companies and their activities in the marketplace.
- Keep Nook management aware of changes in the market which would affect the sales and distribution of Nook products.
- Work continuously to develop professional customer / distributor relationships
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical degree or 5+ years of equivalent experience.
- Experience: Minimum three years selling industrial technical products.
- Specific Skills: Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written. Entrepreneurial attitude and a self-starter. Excellent telephone etiquette skills. Detail oriented and strong ability to multitask.
- Specialized Knowledge: Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail and web browsing. Experience with CRM (such as SalesForce.com) and ERP. SolidWorks experience preferable.
- Travel: typically 35% - 45%
Working Conditions/ Physical Demands:
Normal office working environment with daily manufacturing plant exposure to smoke, machine coolants, oils, dust/dirt, and Infrequent lifting is required but not to exceed 25 lbs. assisted.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. At the employee’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to be considered.
Nook Industries, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.