Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Reports to: Director Manufacturing Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: April 2021
The Manufacturing Engineer provides the necessary link between customer requirements and manufacturing processes. Develops and improves manufacturing methods, applies lean concepts and techniques to optimize processes. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for all areas of manufacturing as it relates to product quality, cost, and throughput. This position does not have direct reports.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and identify areas for improvement using data analysis.
- Refine and enhance processes by applying continuous improvement and key Lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to areas of production.
- Lead and/or participate in continuous improvement projects coordinating efforts among project team.
- Creation and revision of standard operating procedures and practices – such as assembly procedures and inspection procedures.
- Develop/Create operation specific process prints utilizing Solidworks.
- Develop process routings taking into consideration final print tolerance requirements and how these will be affected as the part is processed through multiple machining and or special operations such as heat treat, plating, electropolishing, etc.
- Implement process plans and quality plans necessary to meet or exceed part quality requirements.
- Develop/Design tooling, fixturing, and gages required to make a quality product.
- Communicate specialized knowledge with others cross functionally.
- Identify and implement solutions for issues relating to safety, quality, productivity, and cost reductions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related engineering or technology field or Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree or 10+ years of commensurate experience.
- Ability to lead and implement change, manage multiple projects and communicate effectively with others. Must have the ability to communicate effectively both verbal.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to act as a change agent and problem solver.
- Demonstrated knowledge of metal manufacturing processes.
- Proficient in Excel and other analytical tools (Minitab).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of GD &T, 3D Modeling, and creating of production drawings. Understanding of Lean production systems.
- Demonstrated ability to implement new process to address cost or quality requirements. Must be an “active” learner.
- Must possess strong mechanical aptitude, ability to use basic measuring tools, and hands-on capabilities to work on projects without supervision.
Working Conditions/ Physical Demands:
Normal office working environment with daily manufacturing plant exposure to smoke, machine coolants, oils, dust/dirt, and Infrequent lifting is required but not to exceed 25 lbs. assisted.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. At the employee’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to be considered.
Nook Industries, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status,