Human Resources Generalist
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Reports to: Director Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
FLSA Status: Regular Full-time, Professional
Date: July 2020
The function of the HR Generalist is to work closely with the Manager, Human Resources in support of the activities of the human resources department. These activities may include, but are not limited to, staffing, compensation, payroll, benefits, training, policy/procedure administration and communications. In this role, the incumbent interfaces with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Set-up and maintenance of Employee Personnel Records.
- Utilizing the HRMS system, process employee information, e.g., new hires, terminations, salary changes, run miscellaneous reports, etc. (ADP Workforce Now)
- Maintain payroll information as required. Prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports. (ADP)
- Time and Attendance Administration. Data entry for all time and attendance and personnel transactions such as new hire, termination, leave of absence, benefits deductions and garnishments. (ADP Workforce Now)
- Provide general human resources information regarding policies and procedures, employee benefits, and compensation, etc.
- Perform new hire orientations.
- Manage benefits eligibility, enrollment, and changes for entire staff. Benefits include, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), Flex 125 and AFLAC. Facilitate open enrollment for company benefits.
- Participation in the implementation and administration of a self-insurance benefits platform.
- Educate employees on STD, FMLA, and work restriction policies and eligibility of leave. Maintain records and certifications of leaves and work restrictions. Communicate with employees on leave and inform their managers of return to work dates.
- Assist in the hiring process as needed (phone screens, background checks, physical/drug screens, and pre-employment paperwork).
- Plan monthly wellness awareness meetings and topics. Update the wellness board with new information on a monthly basis.
- Assigned to independent HR tasks and assignments as necessary.
- Personnel Services (i.e. Company sponsored picnics, holiday parties, etc.) as well as other duties as assigned by manager:
Minimum Job Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Minimum five (5) years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
Effective oral and written communications skills are essential as are an approachable, professional demeanor and refined interpersonal skills. Must be able to multi-task and deal with stressful situations, retain and respect information with the highest level of confidentiality and be able to meet stringent time constraints. Must have a working knowledge of self-insurance benefit platforms.
: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and ADP Workforce Now software platforms. Working knowledge of SuccessFactors, Epicor.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident to be considered.
Nook Industries, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. At the employee’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.