2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Position Title: 2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Reports to: Plant Manager
FSLA Status: Exempt
The 2nd Shift Supervisor maintains workflow by monitoring steps of the process, setting process variables, monitoring personnel and resources, and initiating and fostering a spirit of teamwork within and between departments.
- Supervise and direct production staff daily.
- Assist employees with production difficulties
- Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Coaches and counsels’ employees, initiating and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures adequate staff for completion of projects.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment.
- Responsible for 1) Safety, 2) Quality, and 3) Productivity of plant operations daily.
- At least 5 years’ experience in manufacturing (precision machining) supervision
- Excellent leadership skills, strong ability to communicate with Team Members
- Ability to discipline Team Members if needed
- Mechanically inclined
- Working knowledge of machining disciplines to include but not limited to: Turning, Milling, Grinding, etc.
- Understanding of GD&T
- Ability to read and interpret part prints.
- Dependable, accurate and detail oriented
- Flexible with strong organizational and time management skills
- Sound decision making skills
- Knowledge + Mentality of Continuous Improvement Methodology a plus (5S, Lean / Waste-Elimination, Kaizen, Six-Sigma, etc.),
- Punctual and Dependable, be present to meet specific company goals
- Team-Oriented, willing to work in a team environment in same or different departments
- Ability and understanding of basic computer processes
- Self-Motivated, can work without major oversight, willing to take on new roles and responsibilities with enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Possesses the ability to Multi-Task, working on various tasks simultaneously
- Ability to take ownership of a process, to learn, to grow, to suggest improvements to enhance efficiency
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident for consideration per ITAR regulations.
Nook Industries, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. At the employee’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.