Linear motion applications utilizing a ball screw or an acme screw require high tolerance screw end machining matched with precision bearing mounts. Nook Industries has designed a family of standard machined ends applicable to a variety of bearing arrangements.
Specifying standard machined ends results in quicker deliveries. The machined ends shown below represent designs that are compatible with common application requirements for either simple or fixed bearing support. Included in the chart are the locknut and lockwasher identification. These standard ends may be machined and ground to finish size.
END MACHINING TYPES
- 1K, 2K, 3K, 4K and 5K are designed with a shaft extension and keyway for square keys.
- 1L, 2L, 3L, 4L and 5L are designed with a shaft extension without a keyway.
- 1N, 2N, 3N and 4N are designed to be a non-driven support end.
- Double bearing supports use a Type 3N, 3L and 3K.
- Single bearing supports use Type 1N.
Where standard ends do not satisfy the application requirements, special ends may be machined to customer specifications. Please submit a print for a prompt and competitive quotation on end machining.
To configure a part number, download 2D/3D models, view product specifications, or request a quote, please narrow your choice of product by clicking on one of the types of product listed below (Step 2 of 4):